Standard Ski Program
The popular Regular High Rockies Program is designed by the Vail/Beaver Creek Ski School and offers lessons for all levels of skiers.
Elite Double Diamond Ski Program
Open to levels 8 and 9 only.
Open to all levels.
Six Week Program
Based in Lionshead. Drop-off by 8:30am. Pick up at 3:00pm
Classes formed by High Rockies based on level and age.
All groups coached by Vail Ski Instructors.
Groups remain the same for all 6 weeks (unless changes need to be made based on level).
Two Week Extension Program
High Rockies will form classes as usual.
Skiers will not be accepted or placed in class until full tuition for the extension is paid.
As some of the six week classes will be combined, your skier may not have the same instructor as the six week program.
Morning drop off is at Lionshead ski school yard at 8:30 (same as the six week program). Afternoon pick up is at 3:00 west of the gondola.
Bus transportation is NOT provided.
- Green Slow First time on skis
- Green Medium Cautious wedge stance on easiest terrain
- Green Fast Round wedge turns on easiest green trails
- Blue Slow Controlled wedge turn with a parallel, skidded finish
- Blue Medium Parallel on easy blue trails using medium size wedge turns
- Blue Fast Blue trails, using a slight wedge with a parallel finish
- Black Slow Parallel on black trails in small bumps and can ski larger bumps with frequent stops
- Black Medium Good technique on all terrain with short carved parallel turns
- Black Fast Extreme skiing. Can make non-stop turns in bumps and powder. Ski the fall line.